Friday 28 February 2014

Film Poster Production




The first step in producing the poster was to make a basic, generic template with the name of the film, the credits and the sell lines using the text tool in photoshop. After that, I inserted the image of the central protagonist, after I had removed the background from the original image using the free select tool. After that, I adjusted the 'curves' and 'levels' in order to make the picture look darker so it fits the horror genre better. I also decided to move the credits to the the top, and move around some of the other sell lines to make it look more stylistic. I also decided to add a backdrop to the main title 'Annabelle' to make it stand out more then the other sell lines. I also decided to add a circular gradient of dark navy blue to black in the background to make it look more interesting then just a solid black background. To make it look more stylistic, and more attuned to the horror genre, I decided to make a 'dark, stormy sky' in the background. I did this by finding a picture of a very cloudy sky on google images, and then scaled this image to fit in the background, and then set the layer to 'multiply' ontop of the gradient. This created a nice, subtle background texture. After that, I cut out the house using the free select tool, and removed the background. I then pasted the house into the poster, and placed the image ontop of the 'background' layers (solid black background, the gradient, and the clouds) and behind the text layers and the layer with the image of the protagonist. After that I adjusted the colours and curves so that the house looked a bit older and went with the desaturated colour palette to match the horror genre. After that, I cut out the bckground from an image of the doll, and scaled it so that it it would look a realistic size in the window of the house,to do this i had to crop it, and I also adjusted the curves and colour's to make it look more natural. I had also added the logo for 'nfy productions' aswell as adding a 'rated' warning. I also added the national lottery logo to anchor the idea of it being an independent film, and I also added a hashtag '#shewillnotsleep' to make media convergence links to social networking sites, which is becoming more common in many film campaigns.

No comments:

Post a Comment